I’m back after a little hiatus–had to get grades in–and I’m hosting my freebie Top Ten Tuesday from The Broke and Bookish. Snowstorm Jonas inspired this weeks Top Ten Tuesday-the best books to read in a snowstorm. I’m heading into day 5 of being cooped up and I’ve managed to make it through a great amount of reading. Here are my top 10 books that are good in a snow storm!
1. Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling: This is an oldie but goodie and one of my go-tos.
2. Hardwired by Meredith Wild: This is a romance and only good for the over 18 crowd, but if you need a go-to, hot-heavy relationship book this is the one to pick up.
3. Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer: When I need some YA sci-fi this one is it. In the last few days I have been unable to leave my apartment, so this is a great escape–I mean how much further can I get than space.
4. An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir: This is a new favorite. The action packed story will keep you from going nuts. Plus, it’s set in the dessert.
5. Passenger Alexander Bracken: This was my snowed in book during the storm. It’s thick, it’s action packed, and it’s super interesting. I can’t wait to review this one.
6. Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare: I’m still waiting to enjoy the new T.V. series, but in the meantime this is a great and thick read if you are still stuck in the storm.
7. Compulsion by Martina Boone: Summer in the Carolina’s sounds really good right now.
8. Vampire Academy by Richelle Meade: Clearly I like to enjoy the oldies but goodies.
9. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen: This is my safety blanket classic.
10. The Fifth Wave by Rick Yancey: This is what I imagine it’s going to be like if I don’t ever get out of my house!