Every year, I make resolutions, and like most people, every year I fail at them miserably. Maybe, posting them on the blog will make me more accountable. So, here are my Top 10 Resolutions for 2016 as hosted by the Broke and Bookish.
- Blog weekly: I’ve begun my first year of solo-teaching and I also run my own tutoring business, which means that this past Fall blogging and reading took a back seat. In 2016, I want to post at least weekly.
- Read 50 Books: This year I made it to 82, even though my goal was 100. Gotta scale that to a more reasonable number.
- Finish my MS: Again, timmmme.
- Go out more: I am notorious for making plans and canceling. I hate leaving the house–it’s so cozy. This year, I plan to do more.
- Get Organized: I am not unorganized, but I teach a boatload of classes, which means I sometime end up with large, towering stacks of papers. I need a better system.
- Clean out my Gmail inbox and keep it that way: It’s realll bad guys.
- Save for a trip to the U.K.:
- Pay off my credit cards: While I don’t have a large amount of debt, I do have some. My goal is to pay off my credit cards this year and start of 2017 with stronger finances.
- Stop saying yes: I am the ultimate yes man. I don’t like disappointing people and often times this makes me say yes to things I don’t have time for or don’t want to do.
- Exercise more: I hate exercising. I used to run marathons and I hated it; then, I tore my Achilles and I hated it more.
So, that’s my list. What resolutions do you have for the upcoming year.