For this weeks Top Ten Tuesday as hosted by The Broke and Bookish is all about the ten books I’ll have in my beach bag this Summer. I don’t know about you guys but I am so excited to be on Summer break. No kiddos for me, which means lots of reading. Here are my top ten books for reading this Summer.
1. A Girl of Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson: This has been sitting on my bookself for the last several months and I honestly just have not had time to read it. I have heard its amazing, and I’m a huge fan of fantasy, so I’m excited to pick it up and read.
2. Trust Me I’m Lying by Mary Elizabeth Summer: Ugh. I finally got my hands on it and have had no time to read. A book about a female con artist with a murder mystery laid out sounds right up my alley.
3. Persuasion by Martina Boone: I have the ARC! I have the ARC! My excitement is astounding. This one is the top of my beach reading. I’ll be sipping something fruity and smelling like sun screen while I enjoy the story of Barrie and Eight.
4. Fall With Me by Jennifer L. Armentrout: What is a beach vacation without a good romance, and JLA is the Queen of New Adult. Luckily, I grabbed this one on an Amazon sale for .99cents.
5. Inspire by Cora Carmack: I am stocking up on some fantastic New Adult books and I adore Cora Carmack’s writing. Plus, I love her internet presence.
6. The Orphan Queen by Jodie Meadows: I am a little hesitant to start this one. I’ve read some mixed review, but I’m planning to pack it in a bag for if I take a break from the beach romance and move to the Princess fantasy.
7. Magnolia by Kristi Cook: A YA novel about two kids who hate each other but fall in love–check. It’s also set in the South and lord knows I love those thing
8. Sword of Truth Series by Terry Goodkind: I love these and I’m convinced I can finish the series this Summer. #goals
9. Vendetta by Catherine Doyle: This was recommended to me by a friend and I’m excited to read it. It’s supposed to be a sort of Romeo and Juliet retelling, so I’m sure it’ll make for a swoony, gut wrenching read.
10. Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling: Every Summer I take one of the HP books with me on vacation. It’s like a security blanket. I like having something I know is good on standby.
So, these are the books I plan to pack in my beach bags. As you can see, I like a lot of variety, since I never know what I’ll be in the mood to grab. What books are you guys planning to take with you?