This weeks’ topic for Top Ten Tuesday as hosted by The Broke and Bookish made me a little sad. It was also super hard to come up with 10 books I have zero intention of reading. I mean reading is my favorite hobby, but sometimes there’s a book that comes and is all hyped up and I just know I’m never touching it. Sad, but true.
1. The Remainder of the Game of Thrones Series by George R.R. Martin: Read the first one and loved it. The second has been hanging out on my shelf for over a year now. Too many characters and not enough action.
2. The Remainder of the Outlander Series by Diana Gabaldon: The the Starz series, loved the first book, but I can’t handle them still getting frisky way into their forties and sixties. I’m 25. My parents are 50…see where I’m going with this one.
3. Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas: All my YA peeps can now shoot me, but honestly I tried one chapter and knew it was not my thing.
4. Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake: My friend read it and immediately told me to stay away. She said it’s great, gave it rave reviews, but knows me well enough to know I’m not down for reading about animal deaths.
5. Ms. Peregrine’s School for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs: I know this is said to be a great book, but there’s nothing about this that appeals to me. Sorry kids.
6. If I Stay by Gayle Foreman: I’ve met Gayle Foreman and she’s amazing in person. That being said, I don’t like reading about death. It really freaks me out to take an inside the mind type look at that topic.
7. Anything by John Green: He seems great as a person and like a really strong prose writer (I’m basing this on the “Paper Towns” trailer) but I’m not a big reader of contemporary.
8. The Fifth Wave by Rick Yancey: One of my best-friends read this and is obsessed. So obsessed she bought me the book. I’ve yet to read it.
9. Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo: After meeting the author my friend went nuts over this book and tried to push it on me anytime I mentioned reading. I blame her for not really being that interested.
10. Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor: I’ve been seeing this everywhere for years and something about it just makes me feel like I would strongly dislike it. It’s really just a feeling.
So there you have it. Top 10 Books I’ll Never Read. What will you guys not be reading?